Senior Backend Developer
At Verikoru, development is the heartbeat of our service offering. Our developers are technology enthusiasts who follow technology trends closely to be one step ahead all the time. Every day they use their technological know-how to create something new. By incorporating new technologies into product and service design, they help us create radically simple and seamless experiences.
The position in a nutshell:
Verikoru is in search of software developers at all levels who will be responsible for the complete lifecycle of a scalable, secure and well designed software products from research and design to implementation. You’ll be working closely with designers, analysts, quality assurance and other teams to translate each design into real-life products.
- Writing well designed, reusable, testable and secure code by applying best software development practices
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability and performant applications
- Architecting well defined APIs for user facing elements developed by front end developers
- Collaborating in a multi-disciplinary team
- Participating and conducting code reviews
- Discovering, learning and implementing new technologies
- Mentoring junior team members in best practices
Qualifications & Experience
- BSc/MSc/PhD degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience in designing and building backend systems
- Experience in one or more general purpose object oriented programming languages including Java, C#, Python, Go
- Proficiency with OOP concepts, large-scale software architecture, networking and distributed system and UNIX/Linux environments
- Good understanding of fundamental design principles for a scalable application
- Familiarity with relational and non-relational databases, key-value stores and search engines (MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch etc.)
- Strong unit test and debugging skills
- Proficiency in code versioning tools such as Git
- Strong sense of analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly Effective time management and multitasking skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Nice to have
- Proficiency with Java and Spring Framework (Boot, MVC, Data, Cloud, Security etc)
- Experience with Service-oriented architecture, microservices and REST APIs
- Experience in architecting, designing and implementing large scale systems
- Proficiency in distributed systems and concurrent programming
- Scripting skills e.g. Python, shell, etc.
- Familiarity with Docker / Kubernetes
- Experience or willing to learn large scale stream processing technologies
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies
- Contributions to OpenSource projects
- Passionate focus on CI/CD practices
Tell us why you’re the right one to join our team. Apply now.